Magnesium is a mineral involved in over 300 enzymatic reactions in the body. Magnesium is vital for maintaining overall health. Modern day diets can tend to be deficient in magnesium due to poor mineral content in the soil and food processing. This is where a good quality magnesium supplement could come in handy to support these vital processes in the body.
Features / Indications
What makes our magnesium so unique and superior to other brands?
- Each teaspoon provides a massive 400mg of elemental magnesium. This provides you with the daily therapeutic dose of magnesium in only one teaspoon.
- We have combined 4 different forms of magnesium in this powder. We have excluded magnesium oxide from our formula as it is poorly absorbed and can cause a laxative effect.
- It is free from calcium. Magnesium helps the muscles relax, whilst calcium has the opposite effect (contraction). This is not what you want when you’re trying to relax!
- Free from any artificial colours or sweeteners, dairy, yeast, gluten or sugar.
The benefits of Magnesium Ultra Potent:
- Reduce stress – Magnesium helps to relax and calm the nervous system. Stress depletes magnesium stores in the body, making us more susceptible to stress, through a vicious cycle of stress and magnesium depletion.
- Headache management – Several studies have reported that magnesium supplementation can help to relieve headaches.
- Decreased muscle cramps – Electrolyte imbalance is often linked with muscle cramps or spasms. Out of all the electrolytes, magnesium is the most commonly deficient and is associated with muscular cramps, spasms and tightness. Many people experience relief from their cramps when supplementing with magnesium.
- Improved sleep – As magnesium helps to calm the nervous system, it is a great supplement to take before bed to help reduce stress and evoke sleep. Stress is one of the most common causes of a poor nights sleep, so helping to reduce stress could be beneficial for a restful sleep.
Factors increasing the need for a magnesium supplement:
- Low intake of fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Older age.
- Frequent exercise.
- Muscle cramps and spasms.
- High stress.
Ingredients and Excipients
|Each level metric teaspoon (5g) contains:|
|Magnesium amino acid chelate
(providing elemental magnesium 350 mg)
(providing elemental magnesium 13 mg)
|Magnesium glycinate dihydrate
(providing elemental magnesium 12.2 mg)
|Magnesium phosphate pentahydrate
(providing elemental magnesium 24.8 mg)
|Total elemental magnesium||400 mg|
|Zinc (as amino acid chelate)||5 mg|
Also contains: Malic acid, acacia, stevia, natural lemon flavour and natural lime flavour.
**Gluten free, lactose free, dairy free, yeast free. Free from artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners and preservatives.
Dose and Administration
Take 1/4 – 1 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
Take 1/4 teaspoon daily, added to water or juice.
Cautions and Contra-Indications
- Patients should consult with their healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.
- Excessive doses may have a laxative effect.
- Patients on some orthodox medications should use caution when supplementing with magnesium by taking the magnesium dose 2 hours before the medication.
- Some orthodox medications that may interact with magnesium include Bisphosphonates (Dosamax, Didronel, Skelid, Actonel), Quinolone antibiotics (Cipro, Levaquin, Ocuflox, Avelox, Tequin) and skeletal muscle relaxants (Tracrium, Nimbex, Mivacron, Raplon, Esmeron, Pavulon, Norcuron).
- Patients on blood pressure medications such as calcium channel blockers should display caution when supplementing with magnesium by regular monitoring of blood pressure levels.
- Always read the label. Use only as directed.
Store below 25°C in a dry place.